Nicolette Omotoyosi Ketiku Emerges Winner at the Second Edition of the Edugrant Essay Competition
My name is Ketiku Omotoyosi Nicolette from Krisbethel College. I am 15 years old.
I heard about the competition two days before the closing date from my English teacher, Mr. Dawodu.
I was interested in participating because I liked the title, so I got to work and quickly researched the topic. When I was done writing, I read through and submitted the essay at about 11:59 pm on the closing date.
At the second stage of the screening, I was a little bit surprised when I saw the new essay topic because I had thought that we were going to write on the same topic as the one at the preliminary stage.
I had to put all my thoughts on the topic together quickly, and the words started pouring out. After I submitted it, I took my mind off it hopping for the best.
When I received the news that I had won, I was overwhelmed and extremely happy. I was also very proud of myself, given my efforts at both stages.
I want to thank God for making this possible. I also want to commend my parents and my teacher for all their support and faith in me. My special appreciation goes to the organizers of the program; you are all indeed doing a fantastic job.
The Edugrant Essay competition is organized for senior secondary schools in Nigeria. Students can apply by sending in their entries via e-mail.
The monthly competition is sponsored by Ellah Lakes Plc.
- Patricia Chidumebi Ugweye: Her Statement as Winner at the 3rd Edition of the EduGrant Essay Competition
- Top 14 Surprising Facts About College Today
- Nicolette Omotoyosi Ketiku Emerges Winner at the Second Edition of the Edugrant Essay Competition
- 5 Tips To Help You Get The Best Of Your University Experience
- 10 Things You Can Do To As A Student Make Extra Money In University